Re: Audio Interface for Notebook Users

I would recommend the M-Audio stuff for portability. I currently use
the firewire 1814, and have used the 410 as well. However, I am quite
tempted by the MOTU Ultralight....although there is no lightpipe. All
of those are very compact, durable, great for gigging.. The quality of
the M-Audio pres are ok, but they certainly won't compare to the high
price stuff, of course. Always a costs-benefit thing.....always a
trade-off one way or the other. It also seems that the firewire will
also give you more ins/outs and higher resolution so you could use the
interface for other things besides gigging, like mobile recording.

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com