Re: hiding behind technology (was: what a loop has to say)

On Mar 17, 2006, at 12:28 PM, Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
wrote:

> ok, here's another kind of position in this debate:
>
> The instrument I play is "effects". I sometimes hide these effects
> behind
> playing on something non-effect, like a guitar or keyboard.

That is good! Made me smile.
Thank you!

I hate the term "effects" in this kind of conversation...it sounds too
much like something that is applied to the music, instead being the
music. The same reason I don't like the word "technology." There is too
much of a dichotomy being created between instruments and "effects."
They are all instruments. My Max/MSP patch is a software instrument, my
horn is a wind instrument. But then again, if we get rid of that
dichotomy, much of this conversation is done...

best,

Jeff

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com