Re: Line6 Echo Park

At 10:57 PM +0000 3/16/06, Ian Popperwell wrote:

>I've been off the list for a while and am glad to be back. I've just
>bought the Line6 Echo Park, the new unprogrammable version of the
>DL4 without a looper - oh, that makes it sound rubbish doesn't it...
>It's a single stomp box type delay pedal with pretty much the same
>delay models in it as the DL4 - but with some useful shortcuts to
>make the non-programmability more pallatable. I'm using it at gigs
>alongside my DL4 and really like it (compact + a great sound) -
>thought it worth bringing to the
>attention of the list.

Ian,

I believe the Echo Park actually came up as a discussion item very
soon after its initial release.  At that time the early adopters
complained about a high S/N ratio and poorer fidelity than on the DL4
or Echo Pro, so many people just went on about their normal lives
afterward.

However, there doesn't ever seem to be a "final word" on gear.  Tell
us, have you noticed any noise issues with your unit?  In terms of
sound quality and background hiss, how does it stack up on a
head-to-head against your DL4?

        --m.

--
_______
"Take a packet of seeds.  Take yourself out to play