Re: Sheet Music for Bill Frisell's "Strange Meeting"

Kris,

On Mar 16, 2006, at 6:39 AM, Kris Hartung wrote:

I saw Frisell live in Seattle a few years ago,

Seattle. That the only place I've ever been able to catch him either.
It figures. That's where he lives now -- as of about 2000 or so.

I saw him at the grand opening of the Experience Music Project.
He had the full "americana" band with him and Joey Barron was
drumming (he's just about my favorite drummer of all time). The
group included Greg Leitz on dobro and another guitarist I don't
seem to remember filling in here and there.

Another Seattle resident, Larry Corryell opened -- solo all by himself.
That was a blast. Kay, my wife bought the tickets for my birthday.
I have to admit it was sweet. She even sat through the whole thing
without complaining or heading to the restroom. Heheh.

BTW, "Strange Meeting" also appears on the album "Power Tools"
in an incarnation I find particularly nice.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???