MIDI pc controller for EDP (was: unrounded multiply question/praise the edp)

>> But you need some fast way to step between the EDP programs! Like
>> a tiny "MIDI program change sender". Then each EDP program can be
>> set to react for different musical purposes although you are still
>> using only those seven buttons ;-)
>

> On 16 mar 2006, at 10.45, Philipp Zürcher wrote:
>  I am really keen to hear if a tiny MIDI program change sender does
> exist in the real world
>
> pleez let me know asap

I brought this up on this list a couple of months ago. One suggestion
posted by Tod Reynolds was the MIDI Mouse:
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/1995/midi-mouse.html
The Mouse and the analog EDP pedal would be cute Portable Pair for
light-weight EDP gigging ;-)

Another, although larger, option is the MIDI Mate:
http://www.rocktron.com/products/midimate.html

Then we have the small MIDI X Change:
http://www.thomann.de/thoiw5_rocktron_midi_xchange_prodinfo.html?
sn=8d5b446bcca07de11a303e55c14369a8
A warning though: it needs a special MIDI cable that Rocktron
manufactures (makes it go off my shopping list)

Finally I found the ADA MPC:
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/gearpages/pedals/ADA-MPC.htm

I'd like to go with something like a portable number pad, similar to
what sits to the right on a PC keyboard. But it should just send MIDI
Change. I've never needed to use more than nine programs, instantly
accessible, with my EDP, so a number pad style hand controller would
do the job just fine. As you perform the timing critical actions with
your feet it makes sense to me having a hand controller on the side
for jumping between the EDP programs. That makes it possible to
manipulate audio loops with feet at the same time you are using the
hand pad to change what functions are actually assigned to your foot
buttons (EDP programs).

Per