Re: Hardware Sequencer Suggestions

> Hmmmm....
> I think you would have to have all your loops running in parallel on
>muted
> tracks, and use MIDI messages to unmute them individually. Maybe not
>such a
> good idea. You would also have to deal with the infamous QY700 'Loop
>Bug'.
> In Song mode - not pattern mode - it glitches when it loops.
>
> Nik

Another option would be one of the Command Station units that we're made by
Emu.  They allow you to set up synced MIDI loops, and mute/umute, fade,
pan,
filter and transmorgrify them on the fly with a bunch of front-panel
switches
and knobs (its a tabletop unit).  I don't know for certain if you can
mute/unmute the loops via MIDI, but the MIDI implementation is pretty
comprehensive so I wouldn't be surprised if you could.  In addition, they
have
solid synth engines with excellent filters and ROM expansion for more
sounds.
The only hitch is that Emu no longer makes them and they can only be found
on
the used market.  E-bay always has several.

D7

Dumeril7                    dumeril7@SPAMBEGONEyahoo.com
Anti-spam measures in place -- remove "SPAMBEGONE" from
my e-mail address if you want to use it....