Vedr. Fun with Mobius!

Hi !

Can you do all this with just the laptop and the FCB1010 ?

Rune F, Norway

Stuart Wyatt <loopersdelight@swyatt.com> skrev:
I've been trying to set up a computer based looping setup for the past month
or so which will allow me to loop without thinking too much about the
hardware involved. Initially, I started on Ambiloop, then SooperLooper for
OSX (on my old trusty ibook, then using Linux on an old PC laptop).... I was
plagued with problems - mainly due to my antiquated equipment, and lack of
latency correction (very noticable when overdubbing rhythmic passages)

On Friday, I gave up and reverted back to using two echo pro's after 'jack'
kept crashing on the ibook, and the PC linux laptop was just too slow to do
anything with.

For some reason, I decided to give Mobius another chance and installed it on
my desktop PC, and was blown away with how easy it was to set up the latency
correction and assign Midi commands from the FCB1010! I was looping
hands-free within about 5 minutes!

The interface is simple and concise... and it worked flawlessly!!!

Using my desktop PC for now means that I cannot take the rig out for gigs,
but if I sell my Echo Pro's and filter pro, then I might have enough for a
decent(ish) PC laptop.... :)

Are there many loopers here that use Mobius as their main looping system?
--
Stuart Wyatt - http://swyatt.com