Re: Gig Spam: CO, ID, UT

On Friday, March 3, 2006, at 05:02 PM, Charles Winters wrote:

Thanks David.  Looks like you will have some long days and nights on the road after 3/20.

Yeah, it's a long trip. But we have a pretty reliable bus, and tripleA+ to see us through :-)

BTW, I check out your web site, eleveneyes.org, and listened to your audio clips.  Wow! Its genuine New Wave Jazz, which I describe as jazz which breaks out of the moribund mold of smooth, straight ahead and all usual forms of the idiom.  Incorporating looping, modern beats and electronic effects definitely does that.

New Wave Jazz, I like that, we'll have to use it in the future. We like to call it Rough Jazz, the anti-smooth jazz.

I esp liked Big Dig.

Thanks, I wrote that one...

Bravo and best of luck to you and your fellow "eyes".  - CW

And thanks for your kind comments!