Re: Jose Gonzalez

Hello again! Another topic that caught my eye.

I've seen José play live twice, both solo and with Junip, and no
looping took place. The roughness on some recorded tracks may well be
a result of him recording everything at home in his apartment onto a
regular PC running Cubase. Up until the "Crosses" EP he just used one
mic, and for "Veneer" he bought another one and used them in tandem
which makes the sound quality vary some between new and old tracks.

He has a solid musical training and has played a lot before recording,
so I doubt been doing any copy-paste in Cubase. It just seems really
out of character. He did do a collaboration with Embee, I forget the
name of the song, which had lots of loops and samples, but that was
all Embee.

Cheers!
KB

ps. This can be a bit tricky and a bit of a music nerd cliché - but go
for the EPs. The track "Down the Hillside" has almost as much power as
all of "Veneer" combined, excepting "Crosses", "Save Your Day" and
"Heartbeats".