Theremin Looper - Pamelia Kurstin, the Theremin Cello, etc

Not sure if anyone has heard her play, but Pamelia Kurstin (from New York)
played some looping sets on the Theremin here in Boise, Idaho last year
(and
actually leaving a protégé behind who will be looping at my experimental
music festival in April), but I'm noticing that her career is really
taking
off and she's touring and giving workshops all over the world - for
instance
a looping set in London on March 10 at the VORTEX JAZZ CLUB. Andy, you
should go introduce yourself and see what she's up to.  I'm not sure what
she's using....maybe a DL4.

http://www.pameliakurstin.com/

Here BIO:

Pamelia Kurstin (born May 28, 1976 in Southern California) is a
world-renowned thereminist who has played and recorded with such
prestigious
artists as David Byrne and Béla Fleck and the Flecktones and has performed
on the television show Saturday Night Live. Her musical training on the
upright bass has led to her unique "walking bass" theremin technique.
Until
recently (late 2005) working out of New York City, she currently lives in
Vienna, Austria.

She was first recorded on the album Gymnopedie in 2000 as a member of the
theremin/keyboard duo called "The Kurstins" with her then-husband,
keyboardist Greg Kurstin. Pamelia currently performs solo and with the New
York-based group Barbez. She can be heard to full effect on Barbez's
second
album for Important Records, Insignificance, released in the Fall of 2005.
She appears as herself in the 2004 documentary about legendary electronic
instrument pioneer Dr. Robert Moog, entitled Moog.

Lot's of news on her here, including a video of her experimenting with
some
new theremin cello....interesting.
http://www.thereminworld.com/kurstin.asp

Here is her current schedule (from her website above) for anyone who wants
to track her down. She's now touring with the band Barbez.

FEBRUARY 24, 2006 in ZAGREB, CROATIA a masterclass/demonstration plus a
performance later that evening at THE STUDENT CENTER. If you'd like
additional info, contact DAVORKA and she can assist you with any questions!
FEBRUARY 25, 2006 DUBROVNIK, CROATIA at Art Workshop Lazareti... woohoo!!!
MARCH 10, 2006... LONDON at VORTEX JAZZ CLUB i will be opening up with a
solo looop set for Sebastian Rochford and other incredible musicians...
should be a really fun night! Come hang out!!!
MARCH 12 to MARCH 21, 2006.. U.S. TOUR WITH BARBEZ ... I'm back in the
states touring with Barbez as we make our way to South by Southwest in
Austin, TX... check the link above to see if we hit your city!!
MARCH 25, 2006 PARIS More details coming soon... I will be playing with
SEBASTIEN TELLIER!!! first time in SO SO SO LONG... we will be playing
Seb`s
music with some amazing visuals simultaneously... i will have more info
soon!
MARCH 29 to APRIL 1, 2006... FRANKFURT MUSIKMESSE if you happen to be
there,
i will be performing and demonstrating my moogie theremin... and hanging
out!!

Kris