Re: web hosting for loopers?

Lee:  I got started with Godaddy when I saw their hilarious ad on the
Superbowl last year (a spoof of the congressional hearings on stamping out
"indecent" television shows).  When the time came to select a domain name
for my ever looping son, John, our first stop was Godaddy.com.  They had
all
the services we needed, at very low price, compared to the competition.  I
registered the domain name and rented a hosting share on their Windows
servers with their Traffic Facts option so we could monitor traffic.
Everything was done online with no person to person contact.  One combined
transaction with my credit card.

So far so good, but this is where the fun started.  I had zero experience
building a web site, so I took the easy path for a beginner, I bought a
bargain copy of Office 2002 (with Frontpage included), I bought a used
Frontpage 2002 users guide from Amazon.com, then I started reading and
experimenting.  By the time I was done, about 2 weeks later, I had a
suitable web site for John with mp3 audio clips, artwork, guestbook, just
about anything a beginner could want.  Changes and maintenance are a snap.
All through this, Godaddy's performance has been great.  However, don't
ask
them any questions about how to build your site because they are not
particularly inclined to help, or maybe just don't know much about web
building tools.  Best approach to that is call them on the phone rather
than
email or chat.

In summary, we are satisfied customers, no real complaints.  Our next
generation web site will be built with a more sophisticated tool like
Dreamweaver, but for now everything is working OK.
- CW
www.johnwinters.biz

x----- Original Message -----