Low cost loopers

I am looking at upgrading my guitar FX pedal and I wanted to get
looping/phrase sampling with the upgrade.  Has anyone tried hooking a
Zoom G2.1u or variant to a computer via USB to make it a loop sampler?
is the delay to great for this to work?

What about the Digitech lineup aka the Digitech GNX3 or GNX4 or RPx400

Am I asking to much to get a mulitFX pedal that has decent looping, or
should I bite the bullet and spend the $300 for a real looping pedal?

thanks,
   David Tucker