tap tempo irregularity in akai e2...

sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere... this is my first post.

i'm a fan of the akai headrush pedals... i owned 2 e1's, and now use the e2 all the time.  i've gigged with it all over the world... maybe the travel has worn it out.

maybe someone out there has had the same problem...

THE PROBLEM:

in the "normal delay" mode, i tap in my delay tempo.

then i press the left switch to turn the delay on.

then i adjust the output volume knob...

...and the delay time instantly goes to "zero"!

the delay time also goes to "zero" when i press the left switch to turn the delay off.

this has been getting frustrating because i'll set up the delay for a song during performance, adjust the output level, and then have to set up the delay time again!