Re: Percussive Sounds on El. Guitar

I use an octave pedal to get a good solid kick drum sound....just
kinda slap with the right hand while keeping the strings muted with
the left with a good octave pedal (pref one with that can go 1 and 2
octave down) this produces a great kick drum sound.  Also striking the
guitar in a similar manner with a ring mod can get some cool
percussive sounds.

http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F24%5FSynthesis%2F14%5FFrequency%5FAnalyzer%2F04%5FJohn%5FFrusciante

Check out the third sample down for examples of this.

Also if you got a EDP sus features can get cool IDM sort of percussion
simply just by recording muted strings and scraping techniques in VERY
short segments.  You could also do this on a EDP without exteneding
the loop (as SUS does this) by setting you OverdubMode to SUS.  Hope
this helps.  Great Thread!