Re: Percussive Sounds on El. Guitar

On 21 feb 2006, at 15.39, Rafko M wrote:

> I am interested to find out about technique/looping tools/effects
> that would allow one to produce percussive/drum-like sounds on el.
> guitar without having to resort to a synth guitar.

And of course (I forgot this in my other post) record "guitar
percussion" at different pitches. Strumming a muted string recorded
at normal/high pitch will sound as a kick drum when transposed down
one octave in the looping device. Same goes for hi-hat patterns you
tap gently with the side of the pick against a muted string; if
recorded at low speed/pitch they sound faster, brighter and tighter
at high/normal pitch/speed.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)