Re: Percussive Sounds on El. Guitar

On 21 feb 2006, at 15.39, Rafko M wrote:

> I am interested to find out about technique/looping tools/effects
> that would allow one to produce percussive/drum-like sounds on el.
> guitar without having to resort to a synth guitar.

Hitting the body of the guitar sounds percussive, especially if it's
an acoustic. You can also hit muted strings with a stick or whatever.
Scraping strings with pick or nails sound like shakers... etc, etc.
Just experiment and see what different pickup and tone knob
combinations makes possible.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)