OT: M-Audio exp. pedal and tiny cable

Hi Gang:

I recently purchased 3 of those M-Audio expression pedals, only $25 at
Musician's Fiend. They seem reasonably well made, snd they are
lightweight, but I was under the impression that they let you use your own
TRS cables.

My mistake! They come hard-wired with these SHORT teeny little 7-foot
cables. Looks like I'll have to return all those TRS cables I ordered ;-)

Those of you who use them must stand REALLY close to your racks (LOL).
Guess I will, too.

Bemused,
Tim