Re: Faux Stereo Looping

On 20 feb 2006, at 06.04, hazard factor wrote:

>  I just have 1 EDP, but sometimes I dump the mono loop to PC, and
> start
> tracking overtop. I know nothing quite sounds like a stereo loop,
> but any
> tricks with manipulating mono loops in editing software to give
> that mono
> loop more depth? I mean, I can copy and paste and slightly delay,
> but that
> isn't quite right. Any plug-ins (PC) that anyone uses? I have been
> happily
> just using mono loops, but longer ones might need a little bit more
> movement
> L & R.

Another tip:
If you have a DAW application (Cubase, Logic, Live, DP...) you can
dump the EDP performance file on a track and use the send knobs to
send signals to parallel track where you insert different effects
plug-ins (pitch shifters, beat synced filter banks etc etc).

Here's an audio example of that technique: One EDP sax looping
performance recorded as a mono file and then used to drive different
software plug-ins when mixing it all to stereo (the original still
being mono, but not heard all through the piece).
http://www.looproom.com/aol/01_Patterns.mp3

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)