Re: Midi control of audio routing for Mobius

On 19 feb 2006, at 19.51, Luca Formentini wrote:

> Hi Per,
> yes, I was meaning that.
> Actually that is the reason why I am looking for an audio card
> which has a mixer with no latency ( like Rme's direct monitor) that
> can handle nice routings and whose faders can be controlled via midi.
> I don't want to run my source signal via any software, But I need
> to monitor it via the sound card ( because I will use its mixer to
> split the source signal to several hardware processors whose
> outputs will go back to the sound card).
> Have I been understandable ?

Yes, I hear you. When bringing EDP + laptop to gigs I use to run my
instrument into one soundcard input 1(RME Multiface). Then I use the
RME Totalmix software to split it: one signal going into the software
and one signal going directly out through the RME monitoring output
and into the EDP. From the EDP comes back only the looped audio which
goes into input 2. Now, with that fix I can apply software treatments
to (a) my direct instrument signal and (b) my EDP loops.

This, my experience, makes for a good pilot test of what you want to
do and I'm happy to tell you it works perfectly, without latency
between the direct signal and the signal sent to the EDP. But you
also want to dynamically control the RME Totalmix by external MIDI
and I'm not sure that is possible. I'm not doing it and I have only
heard of it in relation to LC Xmu, which is OS X only.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)