Re: Total Noob

It seems like the original Boss loopers have become pretty
inexpensive on the used market. eBay seems to have them between $120
and $200. RC20, or (if you want to spend a little more) RC20XL. It's
a "real" looper. The only thing cheaper is if you could find one of
those Dod, DeltaLab, or Digitech rack units, and get a footpedal for
it. If you look in the tools section of Looper's Delight, they're all
listed under "historical loopers" or whatever Kim called it.
Boomerangs seem to have lost their cachet, and are around $200 in the
used market. Some people don't like them, but I do. They have the
very best user interface of the lot. Sound quality isn't all that
good, and they can be fussy to adjust. I always just run everything
into a guitar amp, so pristine sound quality doesn't matter so much,
and even though they are fussy, once you have it adjusted it works fine.

I'd go for the Boomerang if you can swing the $200+ bucks.

-----
Music: http://www.kellycoyle.net
Blog: http://wwwquotidianme.blogspot.com/