Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V06 #171

At 11:41 16/02/06, you wrote:
>At 01:27 PM 2/14/2006, Andy wrote:
>>a) set up rhythm
>>b) play head over rhythm without overdubbing.
>>c) do a Multiply in order to overdub the changes
>>d) play your solo over the changes & rhythm
>>e) play the head over the changes & rhythm
>>Is there a way you can play rhythm and chords together?
>>
>>then you could put feedback to zero and
>>
>>1) record a bar of rhythm
>>2) go straight into Multiply, and play the head
>>3) End the Multiply with overdub
>>4) play the chords with strong rhythm under the melody
>>5) bring feedback to 100% and solo over the chords
>
>If I understand what you're saying, for c) I still have to play just
>chords a full time through the AABA tune.

:-(  yep, that's exactly the case.

>  I'm trying to figure out a way to avoid that; then I can sound
> like a trio when I play solo. I could try playing a chord melody
> but that's harder than just laying a single-note line over chords
> and it restricts the line as well.
>
>But maybe I'm totally wrong.

Not at all.

...but what about the 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) alternative?

That has a problem of course, which is that you would lose the
original rhythm you layed down at the start.
So I guess that's not so attractive.

>  Does this get me out my predicament and I just don't see it?
>  Or do I have to dig out the RC20 and tap dance?

yep, looks like either tap dancing,
or finding a way to sync the EDP to the RC-20
(and then assigning the RC-20 to be your drummer)

1) maybe Beat Sync will work for this

2) if the RC-20 has an led that flashes at the start of the loop, then that
     would be a good place to get an electrical signal which you
could send to the edp
    beatsync socket

>Thanks,
>Kevin