Re: Sustainiac (Was: Looper's Essential Listening revisited:)

That Fernandes was probably the Retrorocket.  I own a Retrorocket Pro,
and it is a very nice guitar (especially for the price!).  Better
construction and finishing than a lot of "mainstream" guitars that I see
at Wal Mart..er.. I mean Guitar Center these days.

The Sustainer in my Retrorocket Pro works perfectly.  It's very easy to
control and really does create some sort of an evolved instrument that's
unlike anything else I've played.  Used sparingly, I love it.  The
switching on it is very comfortable too - toggle for on/off, and the
harmonic mode is set with the push/push pot that doubles as a tone
control.  I expected to have trouble with that push/push pot, but it's
working just fine after 3+ years of playing.

That's my $0.02.  I think the higher end Fernandes' (Pros and Elites)
are worth looking at if you're looking into "infinite guitar"

Dig