Re: Cheap bass floor keyboard?

At 12:17 PM 2/14/2006, Bill wrote:
>Stuart Wyatt wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to find a way to include a 1 octave+ midi floor keyboard into
>>my setup. I think I'm desxtrous enough on the old violin to be able to
>>duet using my feet - thus allowing the loops to develop much quicker - as
>>well as being able to kick in a full sound inbetween loops.
>>
>>The Korg etc. models that are identical to the bass pedals on organs are
>>hugely overpriced, thus ruling them out for the moment.
>
>Not only that, but they sell on evilBay used for as much as, or more
>than, the price you pay new at a music store!  ...because they're
>"rare."  (HA!!)  I bit the bullet and bought the Roland PK-5A, using
>my 10% band member discount.  I'm in a band with an employee of that
>music store and get an extra 10% off of what Joe Blow has to pay.

I've used a Roland PK-5 a while ago and it's pretty cool.  eBay USA
now has one for auction at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7389878225&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

If that auction doesn't work for you and you don't mind the shipping
from the US and the customs, I've got one gathering dust in my
studio. I'm not sure I want to part with it yet, but it occurred to
me the other day that I hardly ever use it and I just bought a Roland
VG-8 that I'm expecting momentarily. But maybe I should just sell it
on Craigslist...  I've also got an old-school bass MIDI sound module
that works wonderfully with it. Contact me off-list.

Cheers,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com