Re: Guitar Craft

EADGBE -> CGDAEG = -4, -2, 0, +2, +5, +3 semitones (note the +5 on the
2nd string vs. your -5 below).  Standard guitar strings will work, but
those top two strings are very tight while the bottom is a bit flabby.
 I find that it takes a while for my guitars to "settle in" to the new
tuning as a completely different torque is placed on the neck (treble
side tighter, bass side looser).  A hybrid set of strings may work
better with superlight gauge on top, heavy on bottom.  A little
googling will turn up discussions about the ideal gauges to use.

Todd