Re: Looping AABA tunes

Well, I looked at Andy's suggestion until I went cross-eyed but I couldn't
see
how I could make it work for the EDP with a tune with the following
choruses
with no breaks or set up:

1. Drums looping plus melody

2. Drums and melody looping plus chords

3...N-1. Drums and chords looping plus solo.

N. Drums plus chords plus melody.

So I'm going to try using a Boss RC-20 to loop the melody once. That will
go
like this:

1. a) EDP: Record 2-4 bar drum loop

1. b) EDP: Multiply (Guitar off).  RC20: Record melody (Guitar on).

2. EDP: Overdub chords (Guitar on). RC20: Play. Melody loops (Guitar off
or on).

3. EDP: Nextloop to keep drums plus chords in reserve on loop1. Now looping
drums and chords on loop2 while playing solos on guitar.
RC20: Stop.

4...N. EDP: Now can overdub and undo as necessary.

The first trick will be the tap dancing. The second trick is the
synchronization between the RC20 and the EDP, but looping the melody just
once
on the RC20 will give me a little of slop to work with, I think.

If anyone can see any way to improve this or do it with just the EDP, let
me
know.  I just spent thirty minutes at a whiteboard drawing timing charts
and
staring at them and this is the best I can do with my limited knowledge of
the
EDP.

Thanks,
Kevin