Re: Looper's Essential Listening revisited: the 1980's

I want to add this ones. Both by Steve Reich.

Different Trains (1988)
for string quartet and tape

Electric Counterpoint (1987)
for electric guitar or ampliied acoustic guitar and tape
Amplified Guitar soloist and tape, or guitar ensemble. Ensemble consists of 12 guitars and 2 electric bass guitars

Strictly, Electric Counterpoint doesnt feauture looping but for me it was an essential listening, more like a breakthrough. It shows an amazingly big picture of the possibilities.

Also, Different Trains... how about that for live looping!!!!

Kim, it is really difficult for me to write a comprehensive analysis in english. I'm sory, neverthless i wanted to mention this two.

Very best,

Kim Flint <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:
At 08:34 AM 2/13/2006, mungenast@earthlink.net wrote:
>SUBMITTED: Roger Miller "Elemental Guitar" (SST)

Can you explain why?

If you are submitting something, please also include a paragraph or two
explaining why you think that particular album is essential to looping.

thanks!
kim

Kim Flint | Looper's Delight
kflint@loopers-delight.com | http://www.loopers-delight.com