Re: [LOOP] How do YOU loop?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, r i c k m o n d wrote:

> so what/how does looping function for you?

One of the more common patterns I use involves having one looper (A)
(usually Akai Headrush) at the beginning of my signal chain, several
effects after that, and 2-3 loopers (B, C, sometimes D) (usually Boss
RC-20, Digitech Jamman, or E-H 16sec reissue) at the end of the signal
chain. Loop using A, alter w/effects and pass the loop down to B or C.

So for an example, play a short bit that serves as a marker and record it
into the most downstream looper (C) as a long loop with lots of silence.
Play a short bit into the looper (A) at the beginning of the signal chain,
then manipulate it with effects and pass it down to the 2nd-from the end
looper (B), stop the playback of looper (A). On the most-downstream looper
(C), overdub B onto C in order to collapse the layers. Add a drone using
A, play live over that, fade out A, record using B, fade out C, bring A
back up.

regards,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html