Re: How do YOU loop?

Up until recently, my looping tools have been kept very simple: One
instrument (electric violin), 1 effects unit, going into a DL4. The
simpler the equipment, the more freedom the music has (at least in my
experience). My theory is once you add complexities into the hardware
setup, it distracts the subconcious musical part of the brain.

I am very much into pure live looping. The loops are never altered in any
way - no post FX, no pitch or tempo changes (except very few /x2's)...
everything that you hear in the loops are what was faithfully performed
live. I also like the lack of undo feature in the DL4... mistakes have to
be incorporated or a new loop has to quickly take over. Looping with a
single DL4 is a very organic experience.

I'm now moving on from the DL4, and currently have a laptop setup
(SooperLooper), and am using multiple instruments (keyboards, mandola,
flutes, violins, lap slide guitar)... The looping is becoming much more
complex, but I am keeping a lot of the pure live looping ethics...

- Stu
http://swyatt.com