EDP thump noise again

Hello from Switzerland

A while ago I posted my question about that EDP "thump" noise. I tried to fix it the way it said in the archive: Going through that factory test with an open unit and reducing the noise to a minimum level (which still was considerable) with the trimpot (turning from ten past to quarter past approximately).

The good news is: I didn't fry myself.
The bad news is: The noise hasn't gone, it's still there when I am pushing any button except UNDO or NEXTLOOP.

Any ideas what I could have got wrong?

I must confess that I had to modify the test procedure for it didn't work out the way it was written in the archive article (has that article been written for loop3 or loop4 bytheway?):

To get into the trimmer test, Start the unit while holding the Parameter and Record buttons down.

I did it with the Parameter and Overdub buttons, because there was no startup screen with Parameter and Record, but only 88888888

Keep them held while the startup screen goes by, until the display shows all t's.

It said something different, like 36t - I don't remember exactly (yeah, I know, I have been a bad boy again, messing around with stuff I am not really into...)

Then let go. Should say 7F.

It did that allright, so I thought everithing was fine

Press parameter so the "Keys" LED is lit, then press Insert to start the trimmer test.

That worked out fine, too, except for the noise not going away completely (see above)

Now I hope I haven't got myself or anyone else into serious trouble and someone out there is gonna be able to help me with some more advice?!?

Every hint is appreciated very much and

Kim, Matthias: If you happen to be interested in a copy of my new CD, just send me your home addresses offlist and I'll pay back some of your priceless assistance with a couple of loopy grooves!

Best wishes

Philipp "zurrigo" Zuercher
Elfenauweg 2
CH-3006 Bern