Re: AW: Roland VG8

Good Folks

I can see that this debate is moving somewhat into my area of interest.
And I must say that I can see positives in both sides of the argument.
There is the "Why should I make my guitar, a wonderful instrument sound
like anything else, a bad flute?" Touche! Understood. Its' the same
reasoning that is used against effect processing. There are varying
degrees of argument here. On the other hand, some folks need to cover
certain bases in some band situations. I know that I had a gig for almost
six years where I was able to play relatively noisy, oddball synth guitar
complete with loops, distortion and feedback in a church. I blended
things, came up with irrational combinations and enjoyed myself immensely
during that time using a Roland GR-33 with a Godin LGXT and a Gibson
Explorer. I wasn't necessarily trying to sound exactly like a flute or a
trumpet or a Hammond B-3. What I WAS trying to do was EVOKE those
instruments, perhaps imply their placement as opposed recreate them
perfectly. It's all just personal taste and a willingness to experiment.

DISCUSS.....No big whoop........

Todd