RE: Looperlative Too Expensive?

From: Warren Sirota [mailto:wsirota@wsdesigns.com]
> Interesting. Can you give me any hints as to where I might find the
patent
> info?

Mr. Perille was kind enough to send me this URL:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u
=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=per
ille.IN.&OS=IN/perille&RS=IN/perille

It was difficult to determine exactly what this covers from a quick
reading, but it seems to be mostly related to the concept of time
stretching in order to make loops of different length play in the same
tempo.  Basically what Acid, Ableton, and all the other "loop
assembly" tools do, and I guess the Repeater.

But there are also some words in there that suggest it covers the
concept of "pre-defined recording time" so that you can record several
audio fragments of exactly the same size.  This in theory covers
brother sync, Tempo Select, and Sync=In/Quantize=Cycle on the EDP, and
every digital audio sequencer ever made.

Jeff