Re: Looperlative Too Expensive?

At 01:56 AM 1/29/2006, Stefan Tiedje wrote:
>Tom Ritchford wrote:
>>>If I was Bob, at this price point I would be worried about a pirate
>>>like Behringer moving in.
>>the advantage to a heavily-software item like the looperlative is that
>>Behringer would have to copy the software.  That would be hard to do
>>without making it provably a copyright violation (rather than just a
>>clone...)
>
>If Behringer really would want to build a clone (I doubt it), then they
>would just hire Bob and would take the stress from producing it himself
>away, it could free him to concentrate on the developement... ;-)

hahahaha. yeah, that's how it would work.

>Of course this would only happen if the looperlative is really
>successful.
>And Bob would only do it, if he'd be free to develop what he  thinks is
>relevant. At that point I doubt even more that Behringer would ever
>consider to build a real instrument. The only thing they are good at is
>mass market gear.

Behringer would more likely copy Roland/Boss, like Digitech tried to do.
Roland sold 10's of thousands of Boss RC-20's so far. For music products,
those are pretty big numbers.

Some of you don't seem to have realized yet, but looping products are
already mass market products, and have been for several years.

>Of course this would only happen if looping becomes as successful as
>violent Rap music.

I don't quite understand that comment? Looping has been used in Rap music
for years and years. How does a musical technique become "as successful"
as
a style of music that uses it?

kim