RE: iKey recording interface impressions

Title: RE: iKey recording interface impressions

>>Here are my impressions of the "ikey" usb recording interface/ device that was a list subject a couple weeks back.....<<

cheers for this paul. my own experience with it, & I paid probably twice as much because I'm in the UK, is that it works fine with my 1Gb memory stick but craps out about halfway up a 2Gb stick. I have been using it with it's mains adaptor & noticed that it gets very hot underneath (this is the i-buddy, not the adaptor) when doing so. (no batteries on board at this stage- I know what you were thinking!)

with batteries, it stays cool, but it still doesn't fill the 2Gb stick, & the fioles that are on there are corrupted.

I am using it in wav mode exclusively so far. my suspicion is that the 2Gb stick would've worked better if I hadn't deleted a bunch of software that was on there when I got it. it works ok with a pc, however, without all this crap, so I don't know quite what the problem is yet.

still, 1Gb is fine for most purposes.

d.