RE: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE STATE OF THE LOOP

Great thoughts!

I too was looping in the 80's with my digitech and thought it was the coolest thing and using it quite often in shows, often times; unknown to the audience.  Then the band fizzled, I went solo (for most of the time) and for some reason the looping left too.  Then while seeing a Phil Keaggy concert a few years ago I was once again reminded of the beauty of looping-not in and of itself, but in the context of a broader song so that it was like the seasoning in a recipe, adding flavor and delicateness (or IN-YOUR-FACE-NESS!!) to the overall flavor.  I realized I had to get back to looping.

Now, it seems like everyone is looping in my neck of the woods in some form or another, and I feel almost like saying "I WAS DOING THAT 20 YEARS AGO!!!!" But once again, while most people recognize the loops in other people's live music, in mine, it sneaks up on them and all of a sudden they find themselves awash in sound and aural textures so that people come up afterwards wondering "where did the 20 guitars come from???"

Great food for thought Ted.

~peace~
Michael

PS Ted, Where's Chesterton's quote from in your close?