Re: best distortion plug

A quick search at KVR turned up this list of free OS X AU plug-ins:
Audio Damage    FuzzPlus        Distortion / Overdrive / Amp    Free
LUXONIX         LFX-1310        Multi FX        Free
mda     Combo   Distortion / Overdrive / Amp    Free
Smart Electronix        Cyanide         Wave Shaper     Free (Donationware)
Smart Electronix        DFX Polarizer   Lo Fi   Free
Sound Consulting        Bad Cable       FSU     Free
Sound Consulting        Overflow        Distortion / Overdrive / Amp
Free
TriTone Digital         ColorTone       EQ      Free / $129

Only one I've tried is LFX-1310 which isn't a bad multi-fx box.
Definitely worth the download.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net