Re: Cool interface stuff from Yamaha...

At 11:51 AM -0800 1/17/06, mark sottilaro wrote:
>  http://tinyurl.com/a5xx4 I want this so bad! Not yet
>for sale the absolute bastards!
>
>  http://www.yamaha.co.jp/design/tenori-on/

Yeah, I've been drooling over this one for a while now.  Everybody
else is going crazy over the Jazzmutant Lemur, but I want a
Tenori-On!  :)

 From a few months ago, there's an article with links over at
CreateDigitalMusic:
http://www.createdigitalmusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=721&Itemid=44

, as well as a pointer to another Quicktime of the Tenori-On in
action at http://envol.info/iwai.mov .

My only concern is that they keep talking about its internal
sound-generation engine.  I'm afraid that they may finally bring it
out as an exclusively self-contained system.  I'm sure that would be
nice in and of itself, but I'd like to make certain it will interface
with my existing gear too.

Wonder if there's anything happening with it at NAMM...?

        --m.

--
_______
" I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of