Article in the Boise Weekly

OK, Kris.  Just this once, we'll pitch in and help promote your new album.
Seriously, the Boise Weekly article was well written and quite accurate
too.
He refers to you as a "looping master", right on.  It wasn't hard to whip
up
the following comment, which I posted today. - CW

Dear Ryan:  I enjoyed your Dec 17 article, In the Loop.  Sorry it took so
long to comment, the last month has been hectic.  As it happens, I'm a big
fan of this kind of music.  Your analysis is right on the mark, esp.
concerning the equipment and methods live loopers use to create these
unique
sounds.  These are new techniques that were not nearly as widespread even
10
years ago.

Looping is being applied to a variety of musical styles.  You mentioned
Chemical Bros and Boards of Canada, both of whom are deep into looping
techniques.  In fact, most techno musicians use looping to create their
characteristic repetitive sound.  Other practitioners are into
experimental
jazz, ambient and so called industrial music.  The some loopers use
melodic
instruments like guitar and keyboard, others rely more heavily on samples
and synthesizers.  My own favs include The Crystal Method and Boise
"looping
master" Kris Hartung.  I've been meaning to order Kris' new album,
Xperimentus.  I also hope to catch his live act at one of the looping
festivals held around the globe every year.  - Charles Winters, Seattle

x----- Original Message -----