Darin Schaffer = YIKES! (Show review)

Hey there loopers-

Don't know how many of you know or know of Darin Schaffer, but I just
shared a bill with him  at the Starry Plough in Berkeley and I
must say, "YIKES!".  There are some video clips of him playing on his
website, but they really don't do justice to what he does live.
Darin plays a 4 string acoustic/electric Ovation bass through (I think) an
EDP, and has some serious chops as well as an incredible
sense of composition and soul. Fingerstyle, bowing, slap harmonics, great
middle eastern thing, a couple of divinely chaotic noisy
moments that seamlessly flowed into soothing drones that flowed into
raga-ish things.  If you get a chance to see him play live, do
yourself a favor and GO.

OK, must go to sleep now.  Nighty-night.

Joe

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow
Pages