Re: OT: Google (was: WAYS TO SELL OUR SELVES: ONLINE)

That's the assumption the cops make, ie "people don't want their
whereabouts
known," which implies that they have something to hide or be otherwise
ashamed of.

What I believe is that the above is rarely the case (like, with
criminals?),
and that most folks simply object to anyone keeping track of them, in
anticipation of them doing something illegal.  It is perfectly normal and
correct for anyone who is not a criminal to take exception to someone
acting
as if they were on the wrong side of the law.  Assumption of Guilt before
proof of same is averse to the law of the land.

I might also say that a majority of people most likely don't use the
EZPass
because they simply don't have one.  It's like the difference between the
'cash' and 'exact change' lanes, isn't it?  Do the 'exact change' lane
users
deserve credit for somehow planning ahead and always keeping their exact
change in order, or therapy to help with OCB?  I suspect that most folks
just want to get where they're going, in a reasonable amount of time,
without queuing too much in the process.  People have known since
elementary
school days that Lines Suck Unless You're At The Front, and even then this
can be a mixed blessing (say, in the Army).  Undoubtedly a subject of
discussion and humor for the future.

Of course it would be useful for someone to look into the transponder's
licensing of bandwidth, and who sold it to the company making or
distributing the EZPass - but especially what conditions might have been
placed on the bandwidth's licensing.

Stephen Goodman
* Cartoons about DVDs and Stuff
* http://www.earthlight.net/HiddenTrack