LWL (looping with laptops) - multi-FX VST and compressor/limiter VST

Had a look at RMX Stylus at a friend's place. First thing I noticed is it's
quite ressource-hungry (with regard to CPU load at least). Sadly, this is a
k.o. criterion for me. Coming from playing a setup containing eight HU of
rack space, a 24-ch/6 aux mixer with 4-band eqs per channel, three synths
and a little bit of small stuff (Kaoss, DL4), I have to economize on CPU
load to be able to work the way I want to work - with a system so complex
it's able to do things I do not understand ;-).

Battery (like all of NI's samplers) are a great choice for drum sounds
because they include enough flexibility to further shape your static
samples
in a dynamic way.

Now, again a question:
On my quest for VST plugins (Windows!) that are not ressource-hungry, I'm
looking:

a) for something like a multi-fx. Think of a FireworX in plugin form. Only
real requirement: low CPU usage.

b) a limiter. For my mains, so no clipping hits the converters.
Requirements: low CPU usage.

c) a kind of dynamic processor that allows me to add more "punch" to a
single track or submix. Requirements: extremely simple UI (I want to have
one knob which works from "no processing at all" to "super overpunched"
(think Marylin Manson "This is the New Shit"/Chorus). And low CPU usage ;-)

Any ideas on this?

        Rainer

PS: anyone using the Behringer BCR2000 fader box? I have a problem with the
editor software - it won't transmit to the BCR (error msg. "It seems the
controller is busy while transmitting $Re6" or something like it). Ideas,
anyone?