Re: CD SALES DECLINING?

I concur...Mad Magazine called it "middle-class poverty"--all the basics of
life, but no savings and no real room for frivolities.
I've been sporadically employed since May of 2000 (!), and sometimes even
that cup of joe seems extravagant. I'm one of those people who has a good
home and a reliable car and enough to eat, and I'm grateful to The Great
Whomever, BUT because of the on-again-off-again job scene and
household/family expenses, I have jack sh*t to spend on my greatest love,
music.
So I, like many, many other people, am in the awkward position of being
simulatneously frustrated *and* guilt-ridden....the needling little voice
that tells me "true, you cannot afford a $10 guitar strap because you have
$13K in credit card debt, but at least you didn't lose everything in New
Orleans,etc etc etc"
 In short, I cannot bitch when someone tells me he doesn't have money for
my CD, because most of the time I am in the same boat and I know exactly
what he means. If I could, I would buy every Loopie's discs  ;-)