AW: LWL (looping with laptops) - MIDI-programmable drum sequencer

> I can't answer for external MIDI editing options as you're
> requests are not very detailed. You will have to go to each

Ok, I'll try to be more specific:

Imagine a drum pattern sequencer grid with a certain number of rows (each
one corresponding to a different instrument, or more technically, each one
sending a different MIDI note) and columns (each one corresponding to a
specific point in time, e.g. to a 16th within a a two-bar-pattern (giving
32
columns).

Now, instead of say using the MIDI editor of Live! and adding and deleting
notes by clicking, I'd like a pattern sequencer which allows me to do this
completely MIDI-controlled.

Think of an "editing cursor": by sending e.g. MIDI CC#30, I can move it
along the horizontal axis, by sending MIDI CC#31, I can move it along the
vertical axis. By sending MIDI CC#32 (or a MIDI note, or whatever) I can
either add or delete a note.

        Rainer