Re: First Drum Loop in the book "The Art of Digital Music"

I've been meaning to post this to the list forever, but I read this on the
liner notes of the
rerelease of Miles' seminal In a Silent Way...........released in '69:

Teo Macero used drum loops in both long pieces on that record.

I didn't think Tony Williams would be able to play the same thing over and
over again without variation.
It just wasn't in his nature.

He also looped the percussionist and the tabla player and some melodic
figures apparently.