re: the Dark Age

very true,it seems to me that the 90's as far as
inovation didnt offer as much as the 80's,it was
mostly grunge or retro bands.Reading about world music
rhythms in the 80s i have to mention Peter Gabriel
once again,the melting face and security album are
perfect examples of what Rick is saying,complete
albums made without cymbals!there were others off
course like Phill Collins Paul Simon Steve Winwood
Adam Ant etc. but for me Peter is the man who changed
it all.
cheers
Luis

www.luis-angulo.com