Re: VG-88 and Roland GR-33 dissapearing rumors

Title: Re: VG-88 and Roland GR-33 dissapearing rumors

I use alot of guitar synth but always found the Roland Guitar synth sounds very limiting.

My solution....I use a Roland MIDI pickup and into a AXON controller. That way, I can use any sound module or keybaord I want. I can even trigger VSTis with it. Currently I am using a Roland Fantom XR. I needed a single space rack and it was a close call between the Motif and the Fantom XR but the fact that the Fantom has a sampler was the key.

(The Axon tracks great by the way)

I agree that most music stores have no idea how to sell this stuff (or even set it up) as the best results come from combining gear from various gear manufacturers. I think those seeking an all-in-one solution are always going to miss out on the more interesting applications gear can be used (and abused) for.

Craig