RE: concert nostalgia and name-dropping

It's true, in many ways we "vintage" folks (you know who you are) were
musically lucky.

I am always amazed at the persistence of 60's (by which I mean more-or-less
66-71) rock in the culture - in supermarkets, on oldies stations, whatever.
I guess to a large extent that's a function of demographics (my
g-g-g-generation is still the mongoose working it's way through the snake's
digestive system - take that metaphor in whatever way is most meaningful
and
least disgusting to you), but I also think there was something unique about
the experimental nature of the music _and_ the media at that time (the
first
days of FM rock radio were *so* much more expansive than anything you'll
find outside of college stations today).

But now - I might be mis-remembering (not so uncommon for me), but I think
heard "Third Stone From The Sun" in a supermarket this year. Not a muzak
version - the original. And I'm sure I've heard stuff like Yes, etc.

And then, of course, you have early-70s Who songs completely dominating TV
themes and commercials today (I'm still waiting for someone to use
"Odorono").

I don't think *any* of these artists dreamed that they'd still be listened
to 35-40 years later (or that the dessicated skins of the Rolling Stones
would still be performing live). What a thing!

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota