Re: ableton live and edp

On Dec 17, 2005, at 18:47, enat21213@aol.com wrote:

> is there a way to make live's tap tempo default(follow) to whatever
> i write in as the tempo in the warp box? or save tempo settings for
> individual clips? so when i sync to my edp the edp follows the
> tempo pre set up in live. basically i want to set up live so with
> one press of a button i can start a clip and the edp will follow in
> sync.

You can use any MIDI clip to set the Tap Tempo. Just set the output
(from that clip) to some internal MIDI pipe (IAC Bus if you run OS X
- if you run Windows XP you have to download and install MIDI Yoke
first). Then you go to Lives MIDI/sync preferences and set the
internal pipe as "Input: Remote" (and maybe also as "Output: Track" -
I don't remember, you can try to see). Us Live's normal MIDI learn
procedure to assign the midi data sent out from the "tempo" clip to
the Tap Tempo function.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)