The Dubharmonics of God Frequencies

I read about some study that claimed ultra low frequencies make people feel uneasy. It was put forwarded in the article as a possible explanation of haunted places where people feel ill at ease. Really, there might just be earth generated subsonic frequencies in the area.

"British scientists have shown in a controlled experiment that the extreme bass sound known as infrasound produces a range of bizarre effects in people including anxiety, extreme sorrow and chills -- supporting popular suggestions of a link between infrasound and strange sensations."

On Dec 15, 2005, at 6:26 PM, Michael Plishka wrote:

Part of the issue is that stereo perception comes into play.  For example,
when we "hear" frequencies below the threshold of what we consider audible,
the slight difference of timing of these sounds hitting each ear will result
in the brain doing its own addition/subtraction between the two different
signals.  The result is that the brain definitely perceives these sounds and
we react accordingly with ease/unease, pleasure/displeasure, we know we're
hearing something even if we don't "hear" it.  It's this same capability
that can cause us to feel quite uneasy when we listen to certain types of
sounds from multiple speaker systems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Mungenast [mailto:mungenast@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:08 PM
Subject: subharmonics of dog frequencies Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample
rate

Cool story about the test!
The theory I read in Tape Op (courtesy of the outspoken audio veteran
Walter Sear) was that we hear the *subharmonics* of these stratospheric
frequencies, which is why he feels that allegedly ultrasonic info is still
crucial.
Sounds good to me, but I'm no genius and can't scientifically weigh in on
this.
~Tim