Re: custom power supplies: feasibility RE: RPTR issues

At 12:33 PM -0500 12/15/05, Timothy Mungenast wrote:
>My needs are simple: 3 outputs (9VAC, 1000 mA; 14VAC, 1000mA; and a
>standard, ordinary 9VDC of around 800mA or so just in case).
>Always interested in shaving off a few pounds, either from my equipment or

14VAC?  Is that for the VF-1?  Weird voltage...

If you've got other standardized AC wall plugs, you might consider
looking at the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC (
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_ac.htm ).  I've got one and it
works just fine to replace a lot of my wall warts (including the one
from my Vortex).  I picked it up at AMS for about a bill thirty.
However, it only handles 9vAC and 12vAC.  Still, it's a godsend for
getting rid of those pesky AC wall warts.

Not sure if you're going to find anything out there that's not custom
made for 14vAC, however...

"No more building up; it is time to dissolve..."