Re: custom power supplies: feasibility RE: RPTR issues

At 12:33 PM -0500 12/15/05, Timothy Mungenast wrote:

>My needs are simple: 3 outputs (9VAC, 1000 mA; 14VAC, 1000mA; and a
>standard, ordinary 9VDC of around 800mA or so just in case).
>Always interested in shaving off a few pounds, either from my equipment or
>myself,

14VAC?  Is that for the VF-1?  Weird voltage...

If you've got other standardized AC wall plugs, you might consider
looking at the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC (
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_ac.htm ).  I've got one and it
works just fine to replace a lot of my wall warts (including the one
from my Vortex).  I picked it up at AMS for about a bill thirty.
However, it only handles 9vAC and 12vAC.  Still, it's a godsend for
getting rid of those pesky AC wall warts.

Not sure if you're going to find anything out there that's not custom
made for 14vAC, however...

        --m.

--
_______
"No more building up; it is time to dissolve..."