digital input for the Vortex Re: Looperlative LP1 - sample rate

Speaking of hiss and sound degradation, I was wondering if it's possible or
even advisable to have a digital input installed on my Vortex so it can
play even nicer with my MPX-500 and VF-1, both of which have digital ports.
As it is now, I run a SPDIF cable from my VF-1 to my MPX-500, and then I do
a kluge workaround by running 1/4" mono patch cords from the MPX-500's
analog output jacks (which are only supposed to accept balanced XLR or
balanced TRS). So far, so good---decent sound quality, but I'm nervous that
I'm hurting something.

My options seem to be finding some wacky XLR-male-to-1/4-mono-male adapter
cords, or equally tough-to-find TRS-male-to-mono-male adapter cords. Or
find someone who can alter to the Vortex to accept XLR, or TRS, or digital.

Or I could stay the course and hope everything keeps working as well as it
has.

Could you guys and gals possibly give me clue?

Yours in the VF-1 Isolator Algorithm,
Tim